type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Oops


Are size 0 bamboo needles just a bad idea? This wasn't even a tension issue, just total clumsiness. At least they come in a set of 5...

Obviously I started the sock.

I ended up using the basic toe-up short-row-everything formula from SKS, with the stitch pattern from the Globetrotter socks. So far so good, I think. I actually did knit the toe too tight; I was a little too scared of gaps. My needles are a warped bendy mess. I plan on trying to breathe through the next part; I'm thinking that will help. Now that I'm through the toe it can travel with me. Mmmm, subway knitting.

Labels: ,