type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Rrrrrrrrrrip...

I went to my usual Wednesday night Sit & Knit last night, sock in tow. And look at all that progress!



Since I first started this sock, it seemed big to me. Granted, BBMM has large feet, at least compared to mine. He's a man; his socks should be bigger. And his feet are kind of wide, and I just chalked it up to the difference between a woman's size 6 1/2 and a men's size 11 1/2.

Last night, since I was surrounded by some really awesome knitters, I said "hey awesome knitters, does this sock look big?". There was a pretty resounding yes from the room... So I measured. The sock measured 1/4" BIGGER than BBMM's foot circumference. I stopped knitting. I took it home. I made him try it on. The result:



Oh yeah, it was big. Like 20% too big. I was working on 100 stitches, and after putting it on him I'm starting over with 80. Big difference. On the bright side, this means I should knit 20% faster...

Labels: ,