We Interrupt This Sweater...
I hate sewing, I really do. But I've been meaning to go pick up smaller sizes of the Prym DPN's, and I realized that they are not size-marked in any way. I thought that trying to differentiate between size 0, 00, and 000 by eye was not going to be fun or easy, so I decided to make a case; store the needles by size, and get rid of some clutter in the process. I used some denim, binding, ribbon and buttons I had laying around, and voila!
I took the easy way out and just wrote sizes on the ribbon. I did make sure the pen was waterproof, but somehow I'm guessing this may not be the most long-lasting solution.
It's pretty cute though, and effective, and it took me all of three hours. Most importantly, I am now free to acquire more sock-knitting equipment!
This was merely a brief break in the knitting. I am making heavy progress on The Slink, and should be able to show off something meaningful by the end of the weekend.
EDIT: If anyone is interested in the (easy) pattern for this, let me know in comments. If there's enough interest I'll write it up and post it.