type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Decisions, Decisions.

Shall we do a progress report first?

Hey, look at Bob Dobbs! The interminable stockinette stitch is over, the ends are woven in, and it's ready for the duplicate stitching. It hasn't been blocked yet, so there's some buckling and folding, but you get the idea.

It fits beautifully, which is nice. I dread the duplicate stitch, which means it will probably be easier and faster than I ever imagined.

The Ugliest Jaywalkers ever:

One done. Seriously though, that is some eye-searing knitting going on right there. I love love love the pattern, and can't wait to knit it again in something I don't hate. maybe that leftover Regia Silk I've got laying around...

But I've got a new love. Her name is Scheherazade. I have the pattern, I have the yarn, I have the gauge swatch, I've got the needles. I've got itchy fingers. I'm worried that if I start now, I'll never go back to the Bob Dobbs. I'm trying, in fact, to wait to cast on until Thanksgiving week, which I have off. Most likely I will start this weekend. Or maybe today. Place your bets now...

Labels: