type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Take Two

We have movement! Uh, no, not so much in the knitting... I got distracted on my trip by a secret unbloggable project, so no FO's to show off.

I do have something though; the SIL to be has taken fabulous photos of her just-purchased wedding dress!


Pretty, isn't it? I know, I know, you want DETAILS. Here's the back:


And a close-up of the front; just lovely.

Of course, I'm not just showing you pictures for fun. There's work to be done here. The pattern I had chosen for the stole just isn't going to work for this dress. It's a little too busy, and I think it will compete with the beading too much.

So, I've picked out three more options (thank you Ravelry!) All will be in white, to match the dress. Thankfully, the samples are in color so you can see details more clearly.

First up, Plum Lotus, by Badcat Designs. I love the rounded motifs in this. Obviously I would make it bigger so it's a true stole size.

Second, Cocoon Lace by Evelyn A. Clark. I have heard nothing but good things about her patterns. Again, this has the rounded shapes, although the motifs are quite a bit smaller than in the first one.
Last but not least, Scheherazade by Melanie Gibbons. This was Mystery Stole 2, so I know it's been test knit, a lot. This is the most different of the three. I like the plain ground on this one, and the motif mimic the motif in the beading. Plus, heart shapes at the ends!


I would VERY much appreciate votes in the comments. I'm having an incredibly difficult time with this decision, and any input would help. And if somebody makes a comment that seals the deal for me, there might be a teeny tiny prize in it for you! Oh heck, I might as well make it a medium sized prize. ;)

PS: The beading on the dress, the lace weight yarn, should I be concerned about a tragedy, or should I just knit blindly on? You know I'm all for blind knitting...

Labels: