type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

It's What?

I realized today that it's almost autumn. I got home from work at my usual time, and it was already dusk. Wow, when did that happen? Was it really just over the weekend? Granted, I had a four-day weekend, but still. Of course, this means that you will all be dealing with poorly colored knitting photos until, oh, June or so. OK, not really; there are always weekends. But for now, here's a really bad photo of something you've already seen!


Here's another; proof that I made it to the armholes.

Yes, I made some progress this weekend. This time, I tried it on (I learn slowly, but apparently it happens eventually). It's much better, nice and fitted, as it should be. I'll have to come up with a different name for it though; Lunch Bag is no longer appropriate. I am not even remotely upset about that. If all goes well, I should be finished in about a week; now that I've decreased a bit, it's moving along pretty quickly.

I also finished the first of BBMM's Slip Stitch Rib socks. This time it fits (man, I say that way too often). No photos of that though, not until the pair is complete. That may take quite a while, as I'm not particularly motivated.

I'm hoping I get a final wedding dress decision this week. I am dying to get started, and would love to spend Saturday shopping for a pattern and some yarn. If not, I will get back to the Bob Dobbs vest that I abandoned so long ago, in favor of the Lunch Bag re-do. After all, autumn requires sweater vests.

Labels: