type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Bad Blogger

Is this thing on? Tap tap tap. Oh, hi.

It's been a while, hasn't it? Life appears to have gotten in the way of blogging. A couple of business trips and a long weekend conspired to keep me away for a while. Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't been knitting...

First up, another pair of socks for BBMM, making pretty fair progress.



Slip stitch rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, done in my usual toe-up short row everything manner. They look a little wierd laying flat, partly because the ribbing is super stretchy. I had two skeins of Patons Kroy in a colorway called Glencheck. BBMM liked the yarn, but we all know what happened last time I tried to make him socks with two skeins of this yarn. So I'm using the leftover from those socks for the toe, heel and cuff. That should buy me enough yardage to give him some decent length. Because men just don't love the ankle socks, know what I mean?

Next, the beginnings of the Bob Dobbs, from Domiknitrix, also for BBMM.



That's one skein of Patons Classic Wool so far. It got me about 6" in length. This moves very, very quickly when there's a movie to watch and mindless knitting is required. I haven't touched it for a while though. Worsted weight wool and 90 degree weather just don't mix in my book. But we tried it on, and it fits perfectly, so when I do get back to it at least I'm guaranteed some measure of success (knock on wood).

Moving along, hey, did I feel an itch?



This is what's left of the Lunch Bag Sweater. I unraveled it a week or so ago, then spent some time avoiding it like the plague. But I think it might be time to pick it back up. There will be some maths first, because I will not be doing this thrice. I suppose the math didn't help me last time, but I wasn't exactly precise about it either. Apparently the "oh it's close enough" approach is not really close enough. This time around, there will be a calculator and some stubbornness.

Labels: , ,