type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

So That's What Lifelines Are For

Baudelaire and I had a really nice vacation. We spent a lot of quality time together, and got along famously.




You may notice that there's a lifeline where the leg starts. Funny story about that...

The pattern has a separate set of directions for a large instep. I didn't think I needed to use them, but I decided to put a lifeline in anyway. I started knitting the leg with the regular directions. Then I sort of forgot about the lifeline, and why it was there. I got to what I thought might be the end of the leg, and thought I better try it on and decide if I needed another repeat.

Yes, that's right, I knit the entire leg before I tried it on. I don't know why. I do know (now) that I have a large instep.



Baudelaire and I are going to be taking a little break from each other for a while. Tonight, I'm casting on something new.

Labels: ,