type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Knitting Mojo

It's back. I had crazy busy weekend full of family and cooking and chatting and eating, and somehow when it was all over, I had a lot to show for it. This morning I did some short-rowing and some binding off, and ended up with the back of a sweater.



I'll be casting on the front tonight. If I can stop neglecting it for days at a time, it shouldn't take terribly long to finish. It is summer though, and there are long weekends and plane trips in my near future. I am giving myself a pessimistic deadline of the end of July. Maybe I will surprise myself.

The Tofutsies sock and I have also made friends. I stopped fussing, and it stopped protesting, and we are getting along fine now.




I still don't like working cuff down. I still don't particularly like the look of a heel flap. But oh, the fit. Oh. Yes. The perfect little cup around the heel, the super-cushy flap; it all feels so very very nice. It's also so easy to work. I still prefer my short row heels and toes, but I'm feeling a little bit of love for this method now. I also have an urge to try a toe-up gusset and heel flap. Baudelaire, anyone?

Labels: ,