type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

A Knitting Free Vacation (Almost)

When we left for vacation, I was warned that there would be no knitting once we were at our destination. I got to knit in the car, of course, but more on that later.

So they are not knitting related, but wanna see some pretty pictures of Martha's Vineyard?



Gingerbread houses in Oak Bluffs, my favorite town. It's almost otherwordly. The houses look pretty much the same, except for the insane use of color. It made we want to knit in brightly colored things. I promise you though, that I will not knit a sweater with gingerbread houses on it. And I assume I will return to my regularly scheduled neutrals soon.



A view of the Chappy Ferry, taken from the dock in Edgartown. The ferries are fun and all, but why don't they just build a bridge? It seriously take less than a minute to get across...



Chappaquiddick is pretty amazing; virtually deserted, and water everywhere. Of course, it's got a bit of tragedy too...



Dike Bridge, site of the accident that killed Mary Jo Kopechne.



The clay cliffs at Aquinnah, complete with lighthouse. There are very limited tours to the lighthouse, so this is as close as we got.

And for the final coup de grace, we got the best spot on the ferry on the way home.



One morning, I woke up really, really early. While BBMM was in the shower, I thought I could cheat a little. I got busted.



Next time, you'll get to see what I was working on!

Labels: