type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Cuteness Achieved

The final ends were woven in last night...



And it's cute. I'd like you to notice that the stripes match on both fronts. Sleeves too; I actually knit those at the same time with 2 skeins of yarn to make sure of it. Hey, when you're knitting plain stockinette stitch, you need to give yourself SOME sort of challenge, right?

A close-up, you say?



Please ignore that button. You know, the one that doesn't match. The light is not so good in my living room at night, and I didn't notice until I took the picture, but it is a different button. That will have to be fixed before I give it away.

Do notice the cute rolled hems; I don't know why I love them so much, but I always have. It probably has something to do with working with the nature of the fabric. It's going to roll anyway, why not made it cute and contrasting. The color is pretty bad in these pictures, but trust me when I tell you that the solid matches the blue in the jacquard perfectly.

A little detail of the back:



The little patch is another favorite of mine. It's all in the details...
I'm going to wait to post the specs until I finish the socks and hat too. They were all knit from the same skeins, so it's hard for me to give details on that sort of thing until I finish. Which I will. Eventually. The socks just need the ends woven in, and the hat is in progress.
In other news, BBMM's socks are being reworked successfully. The first sock is finished, and is now officially perfect. I added 1-1/2" to the length. If you recall, I had originally worked the foot on size 0 needles, then went up to size 1 for the leg. This time I did the cuff in size 0 as well. They seemed like they might be slipping before, and this did the trick. Everybody loves a grip-top sock, you know (go to #370). I just have a couple rows plus the ribbing left on sock 2, so we are close.

Soon, I get to start work on something new. Planning is seriously in progress.

Labels: