type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Except...

Friday's marathon of airport waiting was indeed productive. Witness completed socks!



(I'll have you know that BBMM took this picture himself. I'm THAT bad a photographer.) The second sock was bound off by the time my return flight took off. Except... they're a little short. Somehow my leg measurement plus ribbing turned into my leg measurement including ribbing. I'll have to rip out the sewn bind-off (which ought to be fun) and the ribbing and add some length. That can wait until a little closer to wool sock weather though, so I'm counting them as FO's. A little bit of stitch detail for you; please don't mind the overexposure.



I also started the baby socks on the plane; they just became my subway knitting for the week. The Devan cardigan is washed and blocked, and finishing began last night. I am attempting to finish these before I start something new, so I should make heavy progress this week.

I only received one vote on my "what's next" post. Mary, who is a regular at Wednesday night knitting group, voted for the sleeveless cable sweater. Mary, this swatch is for you:

Labels: ,