type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Poor Little Camera

I actually do have progress to report, just nothing to show. I finished the Slink on Sunday, and it's blocking. With the torrential downpour we had yesterday, and continuing rain today, it is taking a looooong time to dry. Hopefully I'll have some glamour shots tomorrow or Wednesday. I did write to Domiknitrix about the possible errata, but have not heard back yet, other than a clarification about the size I was knitting.

The finishing on that sweater was beastly, surprising after how easily it knit. I ended up hauling out reference books to clarify directions on short rows and Kitchener. I will give a gigantic shout-out to the Sensational Knitted Socks book while I'm at it. This book has the absolute best instructions for finishing details I have ever read. It may be just the way my brain works, but Charlene Schurch's Kitchener description makes it so easy for me. And her little details about picking up short-row wraps create a perfect finished product.

Speaking of socks, I am on a mission to jump-start BBMM's Globetrotter socks, since I have a bit of between-project time. After a quick try-on tonight, I'm ready for the heel of the first one. I've also started the toe of the second; it's short-row madness around here. I don't know why I think I can knit two socks at once, but apparently I do.

Oh, I do have one photo for you, but it isn't pretty...




This is my gauge swatch for the not-socks (no, I am NOT telling!). Am I wrong, or is it completely hideous? I am hoping that it will be better when it's got more width to narrow the stripes, and when it's paired with the solid. I am not optimistic.