type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

The Postman Rang, But Only Once

Presents in the mail!




1275 meters of fingering weight goodness. Anybody want to guess what it's for? Uh, no, not socks. That would be a bit too easy, don't you think? Two hints: it will be a gift, and the color is a clue (I am not allowed to knit myself anything with turquoise in it for a while. I will admit that I have a limited color palette in my wardrobe, but enough on the turquoise).

Whatever it is, I won't be getting started for a while. It doesn't need to be ready until late July, and shouldn't take too long to do. I want to finish the Slink before I start on this one.

I have hit a snag on the Slink, by the way. I tried to take a picture, but it's dark and rainy out, so you know. If you recall, the waistline is done in a purl ribbing, like this:


Notice that each rib has two purl rows. Mmm hmmm. The center front of the sweater has a section that is straight stockinette, then the purl ribs resume again. I got the center front done, did a few rows on the ribbing, and realized that my first rib has only one purl row. What's up with that? I'm fairly certain that it is the pattern and not me, but how on earth could nobody have noticed this?

It's going to be a fairly easy fix; tink the ribbing (I only did about 4 rows before I noticed), plus one extra row, then add the first purl row in at the beginning of the repeat. Still, I'm irked. The back of this thing seemed like pure genius, but this is the second thing on the front that I don't like. I'm going to e-mail the author in case I am just an idiot, or am reading the pattern wrong. I won't be waiting for a response to fix it, but I am interested in what she has to say. Hopefully she won't be telling me that I am functionally illiterate.

Labels: ,