type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Sock Madness

I've been working exclusively on the BBMM socks this week, and I have made some progress.


I'm about an inch beyond the heel turn on Sock 1, and a few inches past the toe on Sock 2. Sock 2 is now subway knitting, while Sock 1 watches TV with me in the evenings. Sock 2 is happy with this arrangement; he is new to the world, and eager to get out and explore. Sock 1, however, is perhaps tired of his captivity, and is protesting. Despite my care (and my many, many lifelines) he simply does not want to be finished. Witness this temper tantrum:



Yes, I know, I shouldn't blame the sock. It's really my own fault for not thinking about the mass quantities of yarn needed for a size 11 man's sock. Sigh. I'm not quite sure what to do about it; I ordered the yarn from Herrschner's, and they won't even attempt to match dye lots. I can send them a swatch of the yarn, and they will look for something close, but how long do you suppose that will take? Does anyone know of a yarn store in NYC, Jersey, or anywhere near here that carries a good selection of Paton's Kroy? If I don't find another skein soon, I'll have to stop working on Sock 1, and who knows what it will do to me then!

On the Slink front, it is dry as of Wednesday, and ready for its closeup. Sadly, BBMM hasn't been around to take glamour shots, and there has also been a distinct lack of sunlight. Saturday is looking sunny and bright, so look for another post this weekend!

Labels: , ,