type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Christmas In May

I don't want a baby. I have never, in fact, wanted babies. However, looking at this...




I'm telling you, maternal urges are busting out all over. I'm assuming it's temporary.

It has given me a great idea though. BBMM and I have recently started hosting Christmas for both of our families, at our cabin upstate. (Christmas + cabin in the woods + lots of snow = wintry perfection.) Last year I gave everyone what was quite possibly the ugliest excuse for a hand-made Christmas ornament ever. I bought a bunch of plain Christmas balls and a glitter pen, and drew a sketch of the cabin, and added the date. Not so pretty, but a nice commemoration of the week-long event. I decided that I should give out little token ornaments every year, and that they should not suck so much as last years. So this year; tiny Christmas stockings. Just think; I can knit a whole bunch of tiny little socks while remaining baby-free! AND I can use up some stash yarn.

Of course, I already have about a half dozen projects lined up (and those are just the ones I told you about). But these knit fast, so I think I can just grab one when I don't have any other subway knitting ready. See, it's like I'm not even starting a new project! I'm just thinking about a new project. And possibly casing on some toes tonight. Must... Resist... More... Socks...

Labels: ,