type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Knitting Mania

I was gripped this weekend; I wanted to knit everything, and all at once.

The first Tofutsies sock was nearly finished when I got home from work Friday. I couldn't just let it languish all weekend, so I finished it and cast on for the second.


This started a sock frenzy. I was getting antsy about the Baudelaire, so...



I told you I wouldn't be able to leave it alone. I worked two repeats of the chart, and made the other toe. That's on waste yarn; we wouldn't want to draw the attention of airport security with metal objects. So far I'm loving the pattern, but I managed to put it down.

That wasn't quite enough sock knitting, so I started on Christmas.



Tiny Christmas stocking ornament, shown with a (very shiny) quarter for scale. I finished this in an afternoon, then picked out a million other colors of yarn (more on that later) so I can work on one at a moments notice. No two will be alike, but I imagine they will all be this cute.

I also felt a strong urge to buy more sock yarn. To stop myself, I organized my sock stash. I paired up all the sock yarns I have with patterns I'll make them from.

Then I swatched a couple stitch patterns for BBMM's next pair of socks. I settled on Slip Stitch Rib, from Sensational Knitted Socks again. These will be my next pair of subway socks, so they'll have to wait a bit. Always be prepared, I say.

Finally the urge to finish the sweater hit me. It hit me hard; I may have bruises.



OK, no bruises, but my shoulders are a little achy.

Labels: , ,