type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Take Two

Well, I got two votes on the poll, and both said rip and re-do. That's where I was leaning anyway, so the unpicking of the seams and unraveling will begin soon. Or maybe not so soon. We'll see how long it takes to get my strength up.


In the meantime, I picked up a little something to make myself feel better about the whole debacle. My MIL got me a lovely gift for my birthday; a gift certificate to my favorite LYS. Could there be any better gift? Could there be any better MIL? Of course, I spent the whole thing on sock yarn.



This might look familiar; it's the same color Regia Silk I used for the baby cardigan. I had one 50 gm skein left, so why not buy another and make some socks out of it? It's almost like spending money to save money. Or not, but that's what I'm telling myself. This yarn is so soft once it's washed; I can't wait to feel it on my feet!



Next up, some Louet Gems, in color Neptune, a beautiful denim-friendly light blue. This is a new yarn for me, and one I'm pretty excited about. I generally prefer sock yarn with nylon in it, but then I touched this. Delightfully squishy. It's got a nice tight twist, so I think it will be perfect for something cabled, or with a lot of stitch definition. I know Cookie A uses it for her solid socks, and there's no better recommendation than that. (If you don't know who Cookie is, click the link immediately. You will never see a better collection of sock patterns than that.)



This is my favorite of the bunch. Fleece Artist, a yarn I've heard raves about. They don't put color names or numbers on their ballbands (no two skeins are exactly alike) but I think this is their semi-solid Ivory. It's got lovely subtle beiges and greys along with the ivory and is a bit lighter and less yellow than the picture shows. I've got plans for this one; a sock pattern I've been working on for a long time that's been waiting for the right yarn to come along. I fully expected to buy some Lorna's Laces, but this colorway grabbed me at the store and wouldn't let me go.

I also managed to buy something that wasn't yarn; tickets to Stitch 'n Pitch! August 8th, Shea Stadium, Mets vs. Braves (which is always a good game). The seats are way up in the air, but hey, I'll be knitting! What an incredibly fun way to spend an evening.

Labels: