type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

By George...

I think I've got it!

I searched the interwebs far and wide, and just couldn't come up with the perfect stole pattern. Everything out there seemed to have too many diagonal lines, and I was looking for something a little softer and curvier. I found a lot of triangular shawls that I loved, but having never knit a larger lace project, I didn't feel much like trying to convert a pattern.

So I went to my LYS, and I think I found it. What do you think? That link should bring you to the correct pattern, but if it doesn't it's the Estonian Garden Stole. I love the lily of the valley border, and the heart shaped main pattern. I would still prefer a less pointy edging, but frankly, I will probably never find anything better.

I picked out yarn too. Somehow I stumbled across this review, and I knew I had to have it. Wouldn't you know, a different LYS carries it, and has white in stock. I'm going on a little shopping spree after work on Wednesday. I do believe I'll need some bamboo needles in the appropriate size as well; using my aluminum circulars just seems like a tragedy waiting to happen.

I'm going to try to wait until this weekend to cast on. I know this is going to take a good deal of focus, especially at the beginning, and I'd like to be able to dedicate some solid hours to it at the beginning. But can I wait that long? Will the lure of cashmere & silk and lace (oh my!) break me? Quite possibly.

Labels: