type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Stitch & Pitch

You may have read that NYC transit had some, er, issues yesterday***. Some rain that came too quickly and something about high tide, and there were basically no trains for most of the day. It was also about 95 degrees, with humidity. It's was like Grover's Bad, Awful Day, only we weren't Muppets.

But despite the lack of transit and the heat and the chaos of the day, Stitch & Pitch went on. Knitters persevere, don't they? And once we finally got there, everybody had a fun time.

Knitters doing what they do best:




Checking out the booty from the gift bags:


A bunch of people from my Wednesday night knitting group were there, although I didn't get pictures of all of them. Here's Elaine, my knitting guru, at the finish line of her Feather & Fan scarf:


She's, um, not so blurry in person. And Heidi, working on something lovely and lacy:



Lily Chin was there, wearing an outfit she apparently whipped up this weekend (!):



She also had a glove and baseball, which went over quite well with the little boys sitting behind me.

I worked on the latest BBMM sock a bit, but frankly, the wool didn't feel so nice in the heat. Mostly I watched a really good baseball game; the Mets won in exciting last-minute fashion.

This morning, I saw that we even got a write-up in the Times; you can see a much better picture of Lily, complete with accessories there.

This is the first year Stitch & pitch came to Shea; I'm already looking forward to next year.

***It shames me to link to the Post, it really does, but it's a pretty good overview.

Labels: