type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Yawn

I've realized that I am working on the most boring knitting ever. Just ribbing, ribbing, ribbing, all the time.

First up, the redo of the Lunch bag Sweater. I may have to change the name if it keeps going this well.



I've only got about 8 inches done; not quite enough to try on. Nonetheless, this one won't be a paper bag. The circumference is about 4 inches less than my bust when it's not stretched. It should be about perfect.

Next, BBMM's sock. Yep, it's still the first one. But it's nearly done; about 12 rows plus the ribbing left.


I really like the stitch pattern; Slipped Stitch Rib from (of course) Sensational Knitted Socks. It looks very much like a regular 3x3 rib, but with a little more dimension; the slipped knit stitches are a little "puffier" than the rest of the pattern. It also seems to be a little stretchier and sproingier than a regular rib. I like the contrast more than I thought I would too. It's a plain enough pattern that it needs a little interest, and the contrast color gives it.

Labels: ,