type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Ugh

I've sort of gone to the land of the lost, haven't I? Don't worry, you haven't missed much.

I got a promotion at work. It's a small company, so promotions tend to fall into the category of "wow, there's this huge job that nobody is doing, and you seem perfect for it!". So yeah, there's this huge job... I've been working 10 to 11 hour days since Labor Day. It's cutting into the knitting time significantly. At the beginning of the week, I had 16 rows left on the Lunch bag sweater. Today, I have 14 rows left. I've only worked on it one night this week, and I got through two rows before I fell asleep on the couch with it in my hands. The big push is over though, so I think next week things should settle down to a dull roar, and I will get my life back. This is important; at this point the pizza delivery guy has seen me about as much as my husband has.

I am making reasonable progress on the Slip-Stitch Rib socks though; I think I'm around 3/4 of the way done with the foot. It's a good thing I knit on the train, or my fingers would be absolutely twitchy by now. And of course, there's always the weekend. I'm hoping to finish the Lunch bag sweater on Saturday, just in time to pack it away and take out the fall clothes.

Still no word on the wedding shawl either. She actually bought a dress, but can't find a picture of it online. She's promised to send me digital photos. She and my brother are moving into their new house today though, so I imagine it will be a while before I see anything. I am waiting with bated breath...

Labels: