type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

So Boring

I have absolutely nothing interesting to show you. I finished the stole, and then seemingly took a break from interesting knitting.

I am still working on the Brooks Farm Chevrolace, but that's about it. You've seen the Chevrolace about a billion times, so I won't bore you. I will say this though; that Brooks Farm is some pretty, pretty stuff. I'm worried that it won't hold up in sock form; it's very soft and very loosely plied, and I am afraid. I am knitting it as tight as my little fingers can handle, so that should help. It's also knitting up to be quite a thick fabric, so maybe they will be house socks. So if I can avoid wearing them with shoes, and I can keep them out of the dryer, they might be OK.

It seems odd that I'm not working on anything else. Well, I am, but it's a secret, and so far it's just scribbling; no stitches have actually been formed yet. That makes for the most boring blogging ever.

I do have a possibility though. This. I think I got this issue of Interweave at last year's Mets Stitch n' Pitch. I've been eyeing that tank ever since, and it's finally hit the point where I must knit it. I am attempting to use yarn from the stash, and I do have a couple of possibilities. This means, of course, a multitude of swatches.

Sigh. At least next week I can show you those.

Labels: