type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

That's Better

As expected, I ripped out the stripes and re-did them.



Mary left a comment in my last post with a link to this; it's an explanation of why knitting the first row of a color change (instead of purling) eliminates the ugly. You can see there is one place above where I couldn't do it; there's a wee bit of ugly at the single-round red stripe. There was the single red round, which I knit. But the next round was another color change, and had I knit that it would have been two knit rounds in a row. That would have interrupted the ribbing, which I thought would be worse than a little bit of dotting. All in all, it's quite an improvement.

Again I'll marvel at the speed at which worsted weight yarn on size 7 needles works up. I will always love knitting the socks, but the sweaters are good for my ego; at least I can think I'm a fast knitter once in a while. I worked on this for most of the weekend, and the knitting itself is done. This does not mean the sweater is done. There's still all this:



If you'll excuse me, my needle and I are going to go have a party.

Labels: