type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Happiness Is A Warm Sock

Success! As I expected, I finished the socks on the plane. She put them on immediately after opening them, and a few hours later turned to me and said "Wow, they really are warm!"



Pattern: My own Chevrolace.

Yarn and needles: Trekking XXL, 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon. One 100gm skein in color 66. Knit on size 0 Inox DPN's for a foot circumference of 8 1/2". I loved this yarn. I've seen complaints that it is hard on the hands, but I didn't have that problem. While it's not as soft as some other luxury yarns, I found it to be a step up from Patons Kroy or Opal yarns.

Mods: None. I did make a discovery though; if you are on a deadline, knitting from a pattern you've already memorized is quite a time saver!

Labels: