type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Naughty Knitter

So Bob Dobbs, despite my doom and gloom, is moving along swimmingly. The duplicate stitch is not nearly as difficult as I expected, and it looks quite good. I would say I'm about 2/3 of the way done with it. I actually thought I might finish this weekend, so when I packed up for the weekend I brought the wedding stole ingredients with me, just in case.

Saturday night I sat down to work on it, only to realize I had left the chart at home. Terribly upsetting. So I did the only thing a knitter can do to console herself; cast on for something new!

Yes, the wedding stole is now officially a work in progress. I'm only about 20 rows in, so it's an inch worth of mangled blob, not worth showing. What it is though, is absorbing, exciting, fun knitting. It's also, I'm sad to say, going to take forever. Twenty rows per weekend = 28 weekends plus edging. That's over six months, with no breaks. This is going to dedication worthy of a marriage!

My plan at the moment is to only work on it on weekends, or the random day off when I am absolutely alone. It really does require tremendous concentration; no TV, no chatting, not even radio. Frankly, the phone ringing once on Saturday was enough to nearly give me fits.

So weekends are for stole, weeknights are for Bob Dobbs, and I hope to be finished with that by the next week (yes, I am being overly optimistic). I will say this about Bob; I laugh every time I look at it. It might be the kind of funny that only I can understand. Stay tuned, and you too can decide if I'm insane!

Labels: