type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

My New Best Friend

You know what everybody always wants to see? Pictures of a white blob. Oh wait, you know what's better? Really poorly lit pictures of a white blob. Fun!


It is though, a white blob with 90 rows completed. I've only had to rip back to a lifeline once, and I'm now able to work on it while, say, having a conversation. OK, no, but while listening to the radio. It's better.
And here is a good part of the reason that I am still sane.

It's my new best friend, the Yarn Clam. You make a center pull pall, then you shove it in there with the center end coming out of the top, like so.
And miraculously, it actually works. It doesn't tangle, it doesn't snag, there is no tugging or untangling or screaming or cursing of any kind. It also keeps me from doing things like spilling coffee on the yarn, or leaving the yarn out as a present for the cat, or any other stupid thing that I could otherwise be expected to do with white laceweight.

We are off tonight to host Thanksgiving upstate. I should have a pretty good update for you early next week though. A hint; it's ugly.

Labels: