type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Christmas Knitting

I wasn't going to do any Christmas knitting this year. I've knit under pressure a few times (I remember in particular staying up until 3 am Christmas morning to finish a scarf) and it's just not so fun. This is supposed to be a hobby, after all, and once you throw in a deadline it tends to turn into work.

Then... my brother and I are e-mailing wish lists back and forth, and one of the items on his fiance's wish list was wool socks. He even included a little note that he could pick them up for me, since he knows where to get them. It's a good thing we weren't on the phone, or I would have snorted in his ear. I quizzed him a bit about her favorite colors (jewel tones) and ran to a LYS.

I picked up a ball of Trekking, which I've never knit with, but long wanted to. Look; pretty:

And what pattern would I be knitting? Oh please, like you don't already know.


Of course, the Chevrolace looks all crunchy and strange when it's not on a foot, but you'll get a preview of that when I'm a little further along. I'm knitting these at a looser gauge than I did for mine, and I have to say I like them better. The YO's are quite a bit bigger and more obvious, which is fun.
So yes, I now have deadline knitting. We are leaving for Minnesota on the 21st. Since we're staying with my brother and fiancee, these have to be finished before we get there. Tick tock.

Labels: ,