type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

On Track

This afternoon, I hop on a plane to Minnesota. Somehow, some way, the Christmas socks are right on track.

I made it through the foot and heel on Sunday. Since then, I've worked two 11-hour days and two 14-hour days, missed Wednesday night knitting group, taken car service home from work (losing valuable subway knitting time) and still, they will be done.

Ten rounds left on leg. Twelve rows of ribbing. A little sewn bind-off, two ends to weave in, and I finish with time to spare. I can't fathom how I did it, but I'll just allow it to defy expectation and be grateful.

The only other knitting I'm bringing on this trip is the pumpkin socks. When we gt back, the wedding stole will gt picked up with a vengeance. I can't wait to get back to working on that; I've missed it terribly.

There will be FO shots when I get back. I just have to convince the SIL-to-be whom I barely know that photo shoots in the cold and snow are FUN!

Labels: ,