type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Halfway Home

This weekend, I finished the first half of the wedding stole.


We're on the home stretch! I had long ago picked out the provisional cast on and put it on a spare set of needles, so I'm ready to start knitting the second half right away. First though, I had to admire the details. Please note: this is NOT the world's worst job of blocking. I just pinned it out a little so I could see the stitches. No stoles were harmed in the making of these photos.

Let's start at the top; this is the center motif, which will get mirrored so the center is symmetrical.


It's my favorite part; I love the flowing lines that surround this section. And since this is for a wedding, the hidden hearts are perfect.

Here's the whole thing again, but pinned out so you can see the middle a bit better.


Again, flowing graceful lines that pull your eye down the length of it.

Here is the edge motif:


More hidden hearts, more graceful curves.

And then, the latest to be completed, the edging.



My newest stunning realization about lace; knitting on edging is fun, fast, and really gratifying.

I have today off, and the only difficulty I'll face is what to knit. I should start the second baby set, but the lace is calling me.

Labels: