type="image/x-icon" /> " type="image/x-icon" />

Yarnmule




"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while,
then take up the sock again." - Dorothy Day

Knitknitknitknitknit

The baby sets are due Thursday. This was kind of a last minute decision, but in lieu of a baby shower, we are having a "Valentine's lunch" on Thursday at work. Both of the bursting-with-baby mothers will be given gifts in our best "it's not a shower but we love you both" sort of way. This means sets need to completed before I leave for work Thursday morning.

Here's where I'm at:

The blue set is completed, blocked, in a box and ready to be wrapped. This would not be the problem.

The taupe set:

1. The fronts and back are done, blocked, dry and waiting to be seamed.
2. The sleeves are pinned out (remind me to write a post about the joy of blocking wires. i heart them) and still wet. They should be ready for seaming when I get home tonight.
3. The booties; main section are also drying.
4. The i-cord for the booties has not yet been started.
5. The hat is two earflaps and some seed stitch ribbing. No actual hat part has been knit.

The way I figure, all knitting needs to be completed and given a bath before I go to bed tonight. That's one hat and about 24 inches of i-cord. Then, everything will be dry when I get home from work tomorrow. I can spend tomorrow evening seaming and wrapping.

Did I consider calling in sick today? Yes, I did. But in the end, two of my six employees have strep throat, my boss is leaving town tomorrow morning, and there's just no way.

But if you see someone on the subway today knitting i-cord and tearing up, that would be me.

Knitknitknitknitknit.

Labels: